Home

Email Login

Strange Stories

Lunatic Blogs

Entertainment Online

Daily Comics

Links

Free Email

Paperback Writer

A well accomplished writer, P.S. had so many stories to tell, we had to give him his own space. Enjoy this new style of blog meets fiction!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

You can purchase my book here

What are you afraid of?”

Yes you reading these words quietly to yourself... “What are you afraid of?”

Perhaps you have heard of me and are familiar with my style of storytelling. I do seem to requiring a reputation for my writing you know. Maybe you are even one of those wacky stalker types that I seem to have attracted; folks who relish in sending me gushing emails praising both me and my work, and also feel strangely compelled to attach photographs of themselves in various states of undress. I would not mind too much- but it seems most of those are sent by balding middle aged, obese blokes who have abundant hair in places I would rather not even consider.

So again I pose the seemingly simple question.

“What are you afraid of?”

Come on now- everyone is afraid of something.

Perhaps you break out in a prickly cold sweat when you spy a spider in your home. Maybe, if I were to inform you that at this very moment, as you read these words, a black hairy one was gradually crawling its way up your back and that in a few seconds it will be crawling against the softness of your right cheek, getting agonizingly closer to your right eye; you might begin to feel uncomfortable. You might even instinctively check your shoulder, despite you rationally understanding that no spider is actually there. After all most fear isn’t a rational thing now is it?

Perhaps your greatest fear is of being buried alive, and you often awake in the middle of the night, with your heart still thumping, and your pajamas soaked in cold sweat, panting, after suffering a realistic nightmare of being mistakenly entombed. Am I getting warmer?

Or maybe you are a germ freak; one of those folks who frantically wash their hands with anti-bacterial soap thirty times a day. The type who use paper towels to open doors of public restrooms, vacuum their house daily, are forever wiping things down and use copious amounts of bleach when doing your laundry.

There are seemingly endless fears, both of the reasonable and unreasonable varieties; Chainsaws, clowns, dogs, heights, dentists, planes, rats, critics, and on and on and on; the list is virtually endless.

Which I hereby admit for me, as a writer of horror fiction, is a delightful thing- a damned delightful thing indeed. For without those deeply embedded fears and deliciously paranoid emotions my stories would not appeal to you know would they?

Oh, and if by chance, in one of my many stories, I haven’t captured your particular fear…Don’t worry- I haven’t forgotten about you- yours will be coming up soon enough.

After all, I plan to be writing horror stories for many years yet to come.

Oh, and what is your biggest fear I hear you ask?

Easy- the dreaded writer’s block.

P.S. Gifford

His first book- the acclaimed "The Curious Accounts of the Imaginary Friend." Is now for sale at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/tag/anthology/products?tags=horror

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home