Home

Email Login

Strange Stories

Lunatic Blogs

Entertainment Online

Daily Comics

Links

Free Email

Paperback Writer

A well accomplished writer, P.S. had so many stories to tell, we had to give him his own space. Enjoy this new style of blog meets fiction!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Twas the night before Thanksgiving.

P.S. Gifford

Twas the night before Thanksgiving
And all through the farm
came smells of pies baking;
pumpkin, apple, and pecan

When armed with me gun
Out to the yard I went
To inform our turkey
his last day had been spent

But he looked up at me
With that sad turkey look
And as I raised the gun-
he just began to cluck.

I just couldn't do it
It just wasn't right!
So I put down me gun,
And hugged on him tight.

This next point I want,
yes ,I want to make clear.
As in the end we did indeed have
Turkey for dinner that year.

Yes, we fed our old bird
on popcorn and seed,
and he clucked merrily to us,
so glad he'd been freed…

It was the finest Thanksgiving
The Gifford’s ever had
And as we hugged our new friend
we felt mighty glad

Now that Turkey has made
the perfect house pet,
and we had a Thanksgiving
we shan’t soon forget.
Check out the reviews for my latest book at my website www.psgifford.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home