Home

Email Login

Strange Stories

Lunatic Blogs

Entertainment Online

Daily Comics

Links

Free Email

Paperback Writer

A well accomplished writer, P.S. had so many stories to tell, we had to give him his own space. Enjoy this new style of blog meets fiction!

Friday, December 22, 2006

An interview I recently did

http://www.journeytotheunknown.com/interviews.htm

Interview with P.S. Gifford - Horror Writer
P.S. Gifford is a horror writer presently residing in Lake Forest California
Visit his site at www.psgifford.com

How old were you when you first became inspired to write?

I learned to read at an unusually young age- and from the age of seven or eight was always to be found lost in a book and my glasses falling off my nose. I was about eleven when I began to write stories- and for Christmas that year I was given a typewriter; one of the best presents that I have ever received.

From the start I mainly wrote horror. I have, for as long as I can remember, been fascinated with this theme- ghosts in particular strike my fancy.

One vivid recollection was being just ten years old telling all my friends a ghastly ghost story set in a wood that we all had to pass on our journey to and fro school. I got in trouble the next day when several of the children I had told my wicked tale to refused point blank to walk past the wood...Despite being scolded by several parents-this gave me a wonderful and powerful feeling.

Any formal training?


No, to be honest other than the standard English classes I did at school. Most of my education came from devouring books. I firmly believe that unless you are an avid reader you will never become a proficient writer.

If you left the field for a while, what inspired you to continue?

In my early twenties I foolishly allowed my desire to write to be suppressed. I was far too focused on getting a “conventional” career started. I also must confess that I succumbed to all the usual delights and distractions that a male my age is exposed to!

Finally, a few years back, despite an incredibly happy marriage, a comfortable home, a healthy son and living a remarkably well existence, I realized deep down something was missing from my world-the written word. I ended up quitting my job and began to write full time. Turned out it was one of the best decisions I have ever made; as I am happier now than I ever have been.

What type of writing do you do?


I primarily write horror-both for adults and younger readers. Although, when inspiration takes, I also write auto-biographical pieces and have examples published in places like www.petwarmers.com. Their acceptance always pleasantly surprises me, and the stories are well received. I will share a secret with you if you like…Just keep it between us…Deep down I am very sentimental. I know, I know, not what you might expect from a horror writer.

Where are you from originally?


I was born and raised in Birmingham, England. And part of my heart shall always remain there.

Where are you residing now?
These days I call Lake Forest California home-

Some titles of your work?

“The Curious Accounts of the Imaginary Friend,” is a collection of almost fifty stories. They range from comic-horror, to ghost stories, to tales guaranteed to make you squirm in your seat. I like to keep my reader guessing, and never fully suspecting where I am going to take them. I am thrilled by the positive reviews and feedback that it is receiving.

My work can be discovered at such diverse places as; www.bewilderingstories.com , to www.staticmovement.com and all sorts of places in-between.“The Curious Accounts of the Imaginary Friend”, the work I am most proud off, can be found at www.virtualtales.com, naturally I am to be found under horror.

Next year it looks like I might be having not one, but two books published- (More on this to be announced later.)And my work is slated to appear in a variety of really cool publications. I suggest checking back at my website www.psgifford.com for more details, or maybe even signing up on my mailing list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PSGifford/

Can’t you tell us a little more about what the future has in store?

Okay, okay you have managed to twist my arm- this link -

http://www.theliterarybone.blogspot.com/

Offers an exciting sneak peak into one of those future projects- and I am honored to be appearing with some famous names-including a Bram Stoker award winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home