Home

Email Login

Strange Stories

Lunatic Blogs

Entertainment Online

Daily Comics

Links

Free Email

Paperback Writer

A well accomplished writer, P.S. had so many stories to tell, we had to give him his own space. Enjoy this new style of blog meets fiction!

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Splotch

Hello? It is just me. You are still in bed you say. Well that is alright, please don't hang up I need to tell you something I think you are going to find very interesting…

It was a week ago that I first came aware of it on my kitchen ceiling; it might have been there for weeks for all I know. I just happened to notice it as I was sitting at my kitchen table enjoying kippers, poached eggs and orange juice. For some unexplainable reason I felt like I needed to look up… And as I did I noticed a small splotch on my ceiling, right in the corner which adjoins to my dining room. It is hard to express exactly what it looked like and I had never seen anything quite like it before. I guess you could say it was a greenish gray in color, and looked like it had the texture of a cold gooey rice pudding. It was about the size of a saucer. I stared at it a while, but then I noticed the time, realizing that I had a long days work at the post office to contend with.


I didn't much consider it further for a couple of days, in fact. To be honest, I had almost forgotten all about it. That was at least until last Tuesday. I once again found myself having breakfast; Smokey bacon, two slices of toasted Hovis and some farm fresh scrambled eggs, and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I cannot understand it, but over the last month I have had a huge appetite, and have gained almost a stone in weight, but I am enjoying food more than I ever have done before. Anyhow, as I sat there contently chomping away I noticed, to my amazement, that my blotch had grown in size considerably as it was now about three foot square. I suppose, in retrospect, I should have done reacted to it right there and then, called in a professional or something. But I did not; I simply stared and studied it for about half an hour. It was strangely fascinating and I almost imagined that it was staring right back at me, plotting and planning.


This brings us directly to this morning. I awoke at my usual 6:25 A.M to the delightful and whimsical sounds of BBC radio Yorkshire, and as I was lying there in the darkness contemplating my delicious pork sausages, baked beans and fried mushrooms which I was going to prepare for breakfast. It took me a moment to realize that I was completely unable to move my legs. Confused and I have to admit scared I managed to reach out and with some enormous effort, managed to put on my bedroom light. As I peered down to see what on earth was containing my legs I couldn't help but scream… Yes, of course, you have guessed my plight haven't you? My blotch, please understand, is currently positioned directly over my feet, I can feel the warmth of it, and my feet are tingling somehow, what is more within its peculiar mass I can definitely define something that looks rather like an unblinking eye. But that isn't what intrigues me the most, as there also appears to be some sort of a proportionally oversized mouth formed, and it appears to be actually salivating. It now is as big as I am, perhaps bigger. It is strange though, I am not afraid, not even a little bit. I admit at first I was, but at right now I actually feel calmer and more mentally alert than I can ever recall. Somehow I felt compelled to pick up the phone and dial you, I am not sure why. But you see for some bizarre reason I completely understand what they want, needs, and intend. Yes, that is quite right, I did say they… Bother, I can no longer move anymore, It is fine really, I understand everything now, but I think that you should look up at your ceiling.



The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home